Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh, The Weather Outside Is Frightful...



The best thing about the snow and ice is seeing how excited the kids get over it. Tuesday Eli and I watched it snow huge flakes all morning. The last time it snowed it was only a little bit and it didn't last very long. When it melted away Eli was mad. ha-ha! So he kept asking me if the snow was melting and I had to tell him we had too much snow this time to melt away for awhile. We had to get out in it at noon to pick up the kids from school due to their early out. Of course Eli had to walk through the deepest drifts from the van to the school doors. That was the only logical thing to do. Then Wednesday night Michael, Emily, and I went caroling with our chruch. It was a little cold, but the response we got from those we caroled warmed our hearts. Then we had hot chocolate and donuts at the church afterwards, so I stopped by home and got Matt and Eli so they could go with us to that part. When we got home that night I took these pictures of the kids on our deck before we came inside. I only wish the temperature would warm up a bit because it's just been too cold to let them play in it for very long. Hopefully this weekend, we can get the sleds out!

No comments: