Tuesday, May 20, 2008

6th Grade Promotion

Last month Michael and I went picture digging to find ones he could use for his class powerpoint presentation for 6th grade promotion. There were some silly ones that made us laugh and too many cute ones to choose from; but my favorite had to be the one from the first day of Kindergarten. With his Pokemon backpack, a wide, goofy grin, and a sparkle in his eyes, Michael looked like he was ready to take on the world. It's hard to believe that was over 6 years ago. Gone are the days of Max Steel, GI Joe, and Luke Skywalker. Now he'll be getting ready to take on junior high school in the fall. People weren't joking when they told me my children would grow up too quickly.

Well, what kind of blogging mom would I be if I didn't mention the awards Michael received tonight? He received the perfect attendence award (which came with 2 free tickets to a Royals game), the reading circle award, the lifetime reading circle award, and he was the Maysville 6th grade spelling bee champion. And he earned enough accelerated reader points during the year to rank fourth in his class. As you can tell mom and dad were proud and I know Michael was too, but it was hard to tell as he seemed the most interested in the refreshements and hanging out with his friends. I wanted to get a better picture of him after the promotion, but by the time I made my way out of the gym and found him, his tie was off, his shirt was untucked and he was eating cake (and feeding it to Eli).

So I figure in 6 more years I'll be sitting at my computer looking for this photo of Michael as I prepare a slide show for his high school graduation. Why do I get the feeling that the time will be here way before I am ready for it? --Kelly

1 comment:

Michael said...

Hey it is Michael here and now that the day has come that school is over I dont know what to do. Although I am sure summer is just getting off to a slow start. I am excited for the real summer vacation to begin. BYE